- 6 cups semisweet chocolate chips (recommended: Ghirardelli baking cups)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese at room temperature
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tablespoon sweet red wine
- 16 ounce bar of almond bark (or more if you want white and brown chocolate)
- coconut, chopped nuts, or whatever you might wish to garnish the truffles with.
- Step 1: In a very large mixing bowl, beat the 16 ounces of cream cheese with an electric mixer until soft an fluffy. Gradually mix in the confectioners' sugar until completely incorporated.
- Step 2: (Melting the chocolate) Melt semisweet chocolate in a double boiler (or if you don't have a double boiler set a heat proof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Make sure no water gets into the chocolate or the chocolate will seize). Stir occasionally until the chips are melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Step 3: Add the wine, and stir the melted chocolate into the cheese/sugar mixture. Once all is stirred together into a dough like mixture. Cover and refrigerate the dough for one hour or until firm.
- Step 4: Shape the mixture into 3/4 inch balls and place on a baking tray lined with parchment / waxed paper.
- Step 5: Melt the almond bark. Dip the individual truffles in the almond bark to coat the outside, or simply drizzle almond bark in a decorative design over the truffles. Use you imagination.
~ ~ ~
Order cookie cutters, aprons, and baker's cloths from Green Frog Gifts -- unique gifts -- many $10.00 or under.