Wednesday, February 10, 2021

I HATE Vegetable Soup - Vegetable Soup

I HATE Vegetable Soup - Vegetable Soup

Whenever anyone finds out I don't like vegetables I get admonished about how good vegetables are for one's health.  Yes -- I really don't like vegetables.  Well sort of:

I'll eat fresh tomato bruschetti with basil. But I don't like tomatoes.  I'll eat soups such as chili with a tomato base; or pizza with tomato sauce. But I really don't like tomatoes for themselves.

I'll eat peas, but don't want them in soup.  Pea salad with cheese squares, sweet pickles, in a sweet mayonnaise dressing is actually delicious and a favorite. I'll eat corn (actually love fresh corn on the cob) but don't want corn in soup.  Carrots are okay but best if raw.  Will eat cooked if small pieces.

String beans - just don't like them.  Same with greens such as lettuce, kale - if anything raw spinach.  But I guess salad greens are not really vegetables but they are in the same category in my mind.

You get the idea.  But I do sort of like raw cauliflower, broccoli, but basically I really don't like vegetables. But this soup is so delicious that I don't really think it is filled with vegetables.  So here is the recipe -- the quantities are not precise by any means.  And if you are vegetarian I am sure you could make it with vegetable stock and no beef at all.


The soup comes out delicious and is great with fresh bread.  I have a friend who makes beer bread and it is great.  Just coarse enough and just right to dip into the broth and enjoy.  Not sure of her recipe but here is one I found that looks and sounds right.  
So serve up a big bowl - pour a glass of milk, butter a slice of bread, and enjoy.

Cite this blog post:
McElmeel, Sharron. (2021, February 10). I HATE Vegetable Soup - Vegetable Soup. Green Frog Gifts (Blog). http://bit.ly/vegsoup101

-----------------------------
Green Frog Gifts -- unique gifts -- sewing and cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment